Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Track Gang's A-Workin'

I don't have any pictures, but I've been making some good progress on laying track this week. I finished the wye and the staging tracks on the east end of Chattahoochee, so I'm about 60% done with the lower level track work. There are a lot of turnouts, which means a lot of rail joints, and it's a challenge to get good tight joints on each one. Don't know how well my novice tracklaying skills will hold up when I start running trains, but I've run some test cars over each section and no major problems so far. Now I can see why there are restricted speeds in yards!

I'll try and post a photo or two of the progress in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home