Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chattahoochee Yard

Here are some pics of the subroadbed for the Chattahoochee Yard, or at least most of it. That short train is some of the few remaining equipment I have from the old days. I haven't completed the portion at left:

This closeup shows where the wye will be located. Engines will turn on the wye for their return trips to Tallahassee or Pensacola:


Here's the west end of the yard. On the right, the mainline follows the helix up to Cottondale, which will be directly above that boxcar. There's room for a few staging tracks on the left, and in between is a curved extension for the yard lead:


So finally a little more progress. Next up is the other helix, then I plan to lay track on this portion before building up the roadbed for the middle and upper levels.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Hey, what's that engine you have on there -- is it a GP7? I am trying to figure out the paint scheme. Keep on trackin!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Hermus said...

It's painted for the Illinois Terminal RR. I remember buying it at a train show towards the end of my modeling days in high school. I think I was imagining I would be including St. Louis in my dream layout!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home