Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Filler



By popular demand, here's some content to keep you readers sated! Actually it's been a crazy week as I had a big meeting at work and have been sick on top of that, so not much time for trains lately. I have been reading a great book on L&N diesels though and it's got great information on what diesels were likely to be seen in northwest Florida during my era. It's helping me narrow down the time period I want to model/operate. I really liked the idea of modeling the late 40s (just seems more quaint and nostalgic to me than the 50s), but most of the interesting diesels weren't around until 1950 or later, so now I'm thinking 1951.

Oh yeah, this photo is of the Tallahassee passenger depot sometime around 1910. This is the same building that still exists, although most of the architectural flourish has been removed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon, the period 1945 to 1955 was indeed an interesting one. I don't think most people would be concerned about period-correct details beyond making sure you don't put a Geep on in 1945. And, most stuff that was "there" in 1947 is still "there" and can be modeled in 1951. Just keep the quaint parts and it will look great!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home