Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Benchwork



At last, my benchwork is far enough along that it's worth showing pictures. This first photo shows the leg of the L plan along the south wall of the room.

Here's the other leg of the "L", along the west wall, along with my two layout-building helpers. So far this is just the leg assemblies and L-girders. Here's a closeup of a leg assembly/L-girder attachment, showing the hex bolts I used to attach the legs, for easy removal if necessary:


So I'm finally on my way! Now it's time to finalize the trackplan so I can start adding joists and risers, and then the subroadbed. I hope to post a trackplan sometime later this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno your helpers look a bit mischievous. Have you taught them fetch, or do they play keep away? ...where did I put that support beam?

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home