Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Routemap


Here's a map of the area I'm planning to model (click on the map for a larger version). I've chosen to model portions of divisions from two railroads - the Louisville & Nashville from Pensacola to Chattahoochee, and the Seaboard Air Line from Chattahoochee to Tallahassee. The L&N division actually starts in Alabama, while the SAL division continues east to Jacksonville. While it's unusual to model portions of divisions from two railroads in one layout, I really want to capture the route from Pensacola to Tallahassee, so I'm giving it a shot. I'll explain more about how I plan to simulate the two railroads' operations in a future post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Yea, the unusual part is modeling two different lines... ;) Can't wait to see more.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home