Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 09, 2006

Progress

After what seems like months I'm finally making some real progress on the layout again. This weekend I started building the roadbed pieces for the north helix. I hope to have some pictures later this week as I start to get it installed on the layout. I was starting to feel overwhelmed by the complexity of the track plan--the placement of any one thing seemed to depend on where everything else would be--so I wasn't sure it could all come together. But now that I have something actually built I feel much more encouraged.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon, it is fun to watch the research and construction of the layout. To add some character, you could include a football stadium on the layout and christen it the "Longleaf Bowl" and you could have the Missouri Tigers playing Florida State or something. I can even see tailgators in the parking lot and a miniature hermus on top of the goal posts.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Hermus said...

Hmmm, I can see lots of possibilities for hermus to show up on the layout!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home