Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 18, 2007

FSU in HO

Since Tallahassee will be a prominent city on my layout, I've been on the lookout for structures that would accurately represent Tallahassee in the early 50s, and I've found a winner:



I just purchased this kit this week (no, this isn't my work, this is the stock company photo). It is actually based on a famous synagogue in New York, but the architecture is a spitting image of many of the older buildings on the FSU campus, as seen here:

I plan to place it on the back of the layout on a slight hill behind some of the Tallahassee industries. I think this will make an excellent Tallahassee landmark to anyone who's familiar with the FSU campus.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree it has a lot of resemblence. What type of kit is this? Looks like the layout planning is going very well!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Hermus said...

It's a pretty standard plastic kit, made by Heljan. Looks pretty easy.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that really does look like FSU. Now, let's see if we can't find a UWF building for Pensacola. :)

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home