Rails Through the Longleaf

A model railroad empire through northwest Florida.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

L&N Paint Schemes

Awhile back I posted some photos of Seaboard diesel paint schemes (http://longleaf-rails.blogspot.com/2006/09/seaboard-paint-schemes.html). Here are some photos of L&N diesels. The first photo shows the classic blue and cream scheme used on most of their early diesels. I plan to have a couple of E-units in this scheme to pull the Gulf Wind.


Early road switchers had a similar black and creme scheme into the mid-50s, when L&N switched to an all-black scheme. I plan to have a GP-7 similar to this one:


Not sure if I will have a diesel or steam switcher for the L&N, but the diesels would look like this S-4:


In the mid-60s, L&N switched to their gray and yellow paint scheme that was used until they merged into the Family Lines. I won't be using this scheme since I'm modeling 1951, but here's what it looked like:


The L&N had many variations on these, but these represent some of their common paint schemes. These are classier than the Seaboard paint schemes in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home